Project done! Despite having found two pearl chokers that I easily could have adapted, I decided to make one from scratch. I didn’t have a multistrand clasp thingie so I improvised one, as you can see, and it worked…moderately well? If I were going to redo this I would probably go to the effort of getting one. The pearls are strung on a nylon coated steel wire, so the necklace is remarkably sturdy. The “blood” on the pearl beads is nail polish–unsurprisingly, I have a LOT of red nail polish–and the drips are strung on fishing line.
I used a long chain for the clasp and added some heavy beads at the end (that metal thing is hollow filigree, and not as heavy as it looks, but still a nice weight) to keep the choker from sliding. With that much weight hanging down at the back, the whole thing stays centered very well. Please ignore my hair, I just jammed it into a bun so it would be out of the way.
It’s surprisingly comfortable to wear! I don’t know what I’m going to be for halloween this year, but this is definitely going to be involved. I bet I could even get away with wearing it to work, if I don’t have any trials that day.
Just in case anyone needed Halloween ideas…